Document Control Specialist
Delkin Devices is currently seeking an experienced Document Control Specialist in Poway, CA.
Who we are:
Delkin Devices is a privately held company founded in 1986, with Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA and European Offices in Birmingham, England. Consistently recognized as one of San Diego County’s leading manufacturing companies, with sales and distribution channels across the world, the Delkin name is associated with paramount quality, professionalism, and innovation, serving both industrial and consumer markets worldwide.
What we are looking for in you:
Can you work in a fast-paced environment? Are you a high-energy worker, used to juggling multiple tasks at one? Are you used to a manufacturing environment, preferably electronics manufacturing?
About the role:
Under limited supervision, this position manages the technical document control systems procedures and practices, assuring revision and version control for all documents and ensuring that pre-established document control requirements are satisfactorily met. This role will work closely with Project Management, Engineering, vendors and other staff members for exchanging of information.
What you'll do:
- Provides guidance in the use of a proprietary intranet tool and change management processes as needed.
- Ensures compliance with internal configuration and change management policies and procedures.
- Organize and conduct alternating weekly CCB (Change Control Board) meetings for Industrial and Consumer products.
- Manage New Product Development meetings by ensuring assigned tasks are updated to reflect current status, record meeting minutes and follow up task owners to keep projects on track for Consumer and Industrial meetings. Using Project tracker tool in Intranet.
- Owns, documents, interprets, implements and monitors configuration management policies and processes. Recommend modifications as appropriate.
- Maintain revision control and tracking for controlled documents.
- Train staff on document control policies and procedures.
- Confirm that all submitted documentation is accurate and complete. Process documents for review and approval.
- Manage day-to-day document review, approval, archival, and quality control.
- Review, process and manage day-to-day part number creation process according to established protocol.
- Provide support for Production Redline requests as needed. If new build on the production floor, redline for step changes (on Traveler)
- Manage and track new sample products received through Engineering Product Evaluation (EPE) completion and final approval/release of the part number.
- Create Source Control Drawings (SCD) (template table for uploading of information) if required during part number creation process using established templates.
- Familiar and comfortable with exporting files from different databases/software with the ability to use MS Excel to manage/manipulate exported files into usable data and reports.
- Respond to changing technology environment.
- Participate in decision-making activities to document users’ needs, and other duties or special projects as assigned.
Education and experience:
- Technical degree and 2 to 3 years’ directly related experience, or 5-7 years’ experience in business or technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Project management experience is a high plus.
- Configuration management experience very helpful.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Experience with AGYLE strong plus, or other PDM experience required
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to read technical drawings/prints with solid technical writing skills
- Ability to write or help write procedures and work instructions
- Computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)