Buyer Gift Department- Full Time
Join the Trax Farms team!
This is a BRAND new position in our company. We are negotiable on hours/scheduling to find the right person to fit our business needs.
-As a Buyer, you will purchase, sort, and manage Gift Shop inventory by having a clear understanding of store and customer needs.
-Buying decisions for our Gift Shop will be based on product selection, price points, and inventory levels. (everyday gifts, baby, holiday, seasonal etc.)
-You will place weekly fill-in-orders, place special orders, as well as attend 2 seasonal buying shows in Atlanta in January and July annually.
-Buyers are responsible for ensuring core products and sizes/quantities are always available by collaborating with our vendor partners and establishing positive relationships with vendors and sales reps.
This position requires:
Basic understanding of retail buying principles and best practices
- Previous retail buying experience in applicable market space
- Proficient use of vendor-based order management sites (B2B websites)
- Basic understanding of inventory management
- Ability to follow a budget
- Ability to read movement reports for gross margin and product availability
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. consistently
- Ability to stand/sit 8+ hours per shift
- Must be able to reach, lift, sit, stand, kneel, and bend
- Adaptability to heat/humidity and cold temperatures (While in the store)
- Computer skills- knowledge of Excel a plus
- Must be able to follow directions
- Minimum HS Diploma/GED
*We offer Medical, Vision, Dental, STD, Life and AFLAC Supplemental benefits, paid vacation and holidays, employee discount!