Communications & Digital Media Intern (Paid)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who we are:
The Victoria Royals are a Canadian major junior ice hockey team, and currently members of the B.C. Division of the Western Conference in the Western Hockey League (WHL). The Royals are based in Victoria, British Columbia, and play their home games at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
- We are on the hunt for a passionate and proactive Communications & Digital Media Intern to join our team!
- Reporting to the Content Specialist, our ideal candidate will be experienced in running social media activities on all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn, etc.), as well as content creation. In addition to becoming one of the online voices of the Victoria Royals, you will also assist with game day activities!
- Work with the content team to create engaging content for our website, social media and game day publications
- Assist in operating the social media calendar for all Victoria Royals social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube, etc.
- Help write articles about the Victoria Royals for the team’s website
- Edit graphics to be used on social media, jumbotron, physical items, and more
- Provide support on game days, home and away, including but not limited to media kit prep, media room set up, live tweeting, post-game interviews, etc.
- Assist with other department projects as assigned
- Proficiency in social media as a professional medium is a must
- Strong writing skills and understanding of hockey are a definite asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while working under tight deadlines
- Must work well independently as well as in a team setting
- Act in a professional manner when interacting with team staff, players, media, visiting team staff and broadcasting professionals
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and PremierPro) is a plus Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience handling a camera or filming is a plus but not a requirement
- Expected to be present in the arena on all game days (home and away)
- A team you can belong to and believe in
- Employee discount program with access to complimentary game tickets (and advance buys for concerts and shows)
- Awesome co-workers!
- A fun, high energy environment, working with the #1 Sports Team in Victoria!
Note: that this is a part time role, however hours can fluctuate anywhere from 15-30+ hrs per week depending on game day schedules and/or projects.
The Victoria Royals are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. We are passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position