SECURITY OPERATIONS CENTER (SOC) ANALYST - FULL TIME
Netizen is seeking to hire a talented and experienced SOC Analyst to support our growing Security Operations Center (SOC) in Allentown, PA. This position is a hybrid remote work schedule with occasional after-hours and on-call support for customer projects and/or incident response. The SOC Analyst will perform responsibilities as a technical representative and incident response technician for Netizen's Security Operations Center (SOC). Additionally, the SOC Analyst will support the investigation of security incidents, implement secure and compliant solutions for customer environments, and ensure industry best practices and standards are met for the company and customers.
- At least 2-3 years experience as a SOC Analyst or highly related position supporting a complex mixed technology environment
- Bachelors degree in a technical field such as Information Science, Computer Science, Cybersecurity (with technical coursework), or related areas. Alternatively, 3 additional years of full-time relevant industry experience may be substituted for a Bachelors degree.
- Possess a CompTIA Security+ and/or CompTIA CYSA+ Certification
- US Citizenship is Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of methodologies and trends in both information security and IT
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to participate in a project under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- A high degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision while being resilient to change
- Strong experience working with, configuring, and supporting Linux-based systems and Windows-based systems.
- Practical experience with security information and event management (SIEM) tools and similar solutions to detect and analyze security threats
- Expertise in software/script development, cloud computing, virtualization, and networking
- Strong understanding and practical hands-on experience with vulnerability management and scanning tools
- The ability to detect, triage, and remediate technical security threats and other issues in customer environments
- Foundational knowledge of information security concepts and technologies such as: networking, network segmentation, firewalls, IPS/IDS, network analyzers, data loss prevention, encryption technologies, proxies, cloud services, mobile devices, etc.
- A passion for the cyber security industry and proven dedication to continuous learning and improvement
- Understanding of compliance standards such as FISMA, NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, NIST RMF/CSF, PCI, HIPAA, and others
- 24x7x365 Monitoring, investigating, and analyzing intrusion attempts and network traffic alerts in customer environments and performing an in-depth analysis of exploits
- Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision-making of when to declare an incident
- Conduct proactive threat research
- Create, manage and monitor vulnerability scanners deployed in customer environments
- Create and deliver technical and executive-level type reports to customers and company management
- Utilizes technologies such as Firewall/Switches, DLP, DNS, IDS/IPS, virtualization, SIEM, Vulnerability Scanners, and related endpoint, mobile, and cloud controls to manage and maintain customer needs as well as internal IT needs
- Update incident response plan and procedures as well as SOC playbooks with the Lead SOC Engineer
- Provide support, maintenance, and development of the Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platform and Vulnerability Scanning Platform
- Participate in Social Engineering Exercises with customers and internally
- Participate in Penetration Tests under the supervision of the Lead SOC Engineer
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA
- Support audit and assessment process for IT, including annual ISO 27001 audit, IT general controls review, and any other audits or assessments of security and general IT controls
- Support forensic investigations and data acquisition supporting legal holds
- Respond to SIEM, DLP, Endpoint Security, email, HR Separation, Production Calendar tasks, internal tickets, and requests during on-call rotation
The work environment and company culture values flexibility, career growth, and continuous learning. Candidates for this position are expected to have ambition, curiosity, professionalism, and initiative. This position is a hybrid remote working environment with approximately three days remote and two days on-site at Netizen HQ in Allentown. Additional days at HQ or Occasional visits to customer locations may be needed and may require travel outside of the Lehigh Valley Region.
Netizen Corporation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled