Day Support Specialist
Corporation for Public Management Manchester, CT $17.00 per hour
The primary responsibility of the Day Support Specialist is to ensure that each individual is provided with opportunities to assume and maintain valued skills and relationships. The Day Support Specialist should demonstrate initiative and follow through with responsibilities of the program to provide maximize participation by each individual.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Knowledge of DDS systems.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Performance of daily program tasks to actively engage individuals in various settings to increase aptitude.
- Teach, assist and supervise individuals in activities/jobs relative to program scope.
- Organize outings and provide individuals with multiple options.
- Assist individuals with personal care while demonstrating proper technique.
- Provide data and input on individual’s plan and level of need.
- Maintain on-going case records of individuals needs and services.
- Document the individual’s time, attendance, and behavioral data.
- Organize and file records specific to individual’s daily routine.
- Document ISP objectives, behavior data, participation and production for each assigned individual.
- Notify supervisor/team of any behavioral or routine changes.
- Transport individuals in a safe manner to and from residential and community settings.
- Transport individuals to, from and between activities and work sites.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Maintain accurate vehicle logs and report any damage in a timely manner.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
SCHEDULE: Full time: Monday-Friday (7:00 am to 3:00 pm)