Girl Scouts is in the business of empowering girls to develop the leadership skills and confidence they need to succeed in every area of life giving girls and young women the tools to empower themselves for a lifetime of leadership. The Community Recruitment & Engagement Coordinator is responsible for implementing, and assessing comprehensive year-round recruitment and membership support strategies that increase girl and volunteer membership and enhance retention while developing community partnerships and volunteer involvement. At Girl Scouts, you'll discover a culture of teamwork and professionalism. As the Community Recruitment & Engagement Coordinator you are the first point of contact for our girls, caregivers, and volunteers. This position will focus on cultivating relationships and collaborating with local schools and community based youth organizations to increase Girl Scout visibility and engagement.
- Working towards a specific girl and volunteer membership goal to grow the opportunity of Girl Scouting in the communities you are serving.
- Recruiting for and working with administrative teams of volunteers to serve Girl Scouts in assigned regions.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement council programming to provide fun and engaging participation options.
- Represent the Girl Scout brand in building relationships with local community partners, youth-serving organizations, and other community-based entities;
- Promoting the Girl Scout experience to girls, caregivers, community members & community partner organizations, encouraging them to join and volunteer.
- Identifies the need for and provides timely problem solving and conflict resolution support/intervention when appropriate.
- Serves as the main point of contact for geographic area volunteers relaying pertinent information to council staff and to guide volunteers to additional support services and resources.
- Ensure that diversity and pluralism is embraced and incorporated into the daily work of the position.
- Active participation in the development of environments that foster diversity, equity, inclusion, and access through words, actions, and attitude.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Passionate about leadership development of girls and volunteers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sales/other membership recruitment experience, or a strong desire to learn
- Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including public presentations
- Ability to manage a flexible work schedule
- Relationship-building experience with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking and networking skills required
- Experience in community development including knowledge of local school systems and administrations desirable
- Experience in recruiting, sales, and management of volunteers preferred
- Valid driverâ€™s license with reliable transportation and proof of insurance
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Generous paid time off, including holidays and the week between Christmas & New Years Day
- Flexible schedule and remote work options
- Low-cost health, dental, & vision insurance
- 403b retirement plan
Girl Scouts of Kentucky's Wilderness Road is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Salary: $30,000.00 - $33,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lexington-Fayette, KY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Girl Scouts of Kentucky's Wilderness Road Council, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled