System Design Engineer
|Day Wireless Systems||Portland, OR|
Day Wireless Systems, a Motorola authorized full service two-way radio and wireless communications dealer, seeks a qualified System Design Professional.
- Generates basic system model or plan
- Creates scope of work plan for system development.
- Develops system using engineering and design concepts appropriate for the project.
- Constructs system overview and implantation plan.
- Produces equipment list, and labor and construction requirements.
- Confers with Sales and Service and customer during project regarding any system problems.
- Discusses system cost and feasibility issues with management.
- Provides equipment pricing.
- Supervises installations and manages projects
Potential Candidates will possess and have expertise in the following areas:
- Public Safety Communications: Design of large and small public safety communication systems including Dispatch centers, Mobile command centers, single site and multiple site trunking, conventional, Digital encrypted and Simulcast systems. Other areas include Video, Surveillance and Mobile Data systems and CAD.
- Trunked Radio Systems: Design of both large and small (industrial) scale trunking radio systems including feasibility studies; project development; system design; regulatory compliance; civil/structural design and build-out of communications shelters and towers; start-up assistance and performance evaluation.
- RF Signal Enhancement: Design and implementation of RF signal enhancement, BDA/DAS systems, for buildings, arenas and other structures.
- Microwave Links: Design of microwave links for voice and data applications including SCADA (supervisory, control and data acquisition), two-way radio, LAN/WAN and Telco bypass, campus and wide area networking links.
- Site Surveys: Survey existing or proposed communications sites or locations to assess the suitability of the area for communications electronics and path to other locations. This includes grounding standards, power requirements, interference issues, accessibility, security, and Electromagnetic emissions mitigation
Day Wireless Systems employees enjoy competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, 401K, life insurance, and company paid vacations.
Search our job database to find another job that's perfect for you!