|AEROTEK||Richmond, VA||$61,000 to $107,000|
This position will be located in Austin, TX.
Relocation will be required. Relocation packages are available.
The Process Engineer role will be responsible for evaluating and implementing designs and processes for manufacturability with a focus on CNC machine programming processes to insure that product proceed in a high volume, low mix environment meets all quality and dimensional requirements. They will be responsible for product compliance to drawings along with identifying and implementing process improvements.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Associated with new process implementation.
- Oversee new process equipment production
- Establish robust, repeatable and reproducible process parameters
- Troubleshoot process related issues.
- Participate in activities oertaining to cycle time reduction and process improvements.
- Implement statistical process analysis on the products within there are of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain process documentation.
- Interface with production on all activities associated with new process implementation.
- Assist in the development of training and provide training to production personnel.
- Provide equipment maintenance and repair as required.
- Lead cost improvement/reduction programs.
Required Basic Qualifications (must have skills):
- 4 yr Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Min 4 years in a CNC machine shop environment with a specific emphasis on assembly/integration processes.
- Capable of programming a CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) .
- Knowledge of and technical ability to ready mechanical part prints including GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
PREFERRED Qualifications (nice to have skills):
- Ability to operate CAD software such as Solid works.
- Ability to use SPC data to determine CTF dimensions and create inspection documentation.
- Training in PPAP and FAI inspection techniques.