Are you an experienced accounting professional who is eager to make a big difference at a small company? Are you passionate about accounting and data analysis? Are you a rising leader who excels in a team environment? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to have you join the Payentry Team!
We are looking for an experienced Controller to join our team in Huntersville, NC! As a member of our team, you will work in a fast-paced environment, leading a small team dedicated to quality, transparency and continuous improvement. You will have the opportunity to showcase your strong accounting skills and lead a team of dedicated professionals.
What do you gain?
- A career (not just a job) at a growing company
- A great team environment with opportunities to volunteer in the community
- 100% company-paid medical, dental and vision for you and your family
- 100% company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Student loan assistance program, up to 3% of base salary
- 401(k) with up to a 4% company match, immediate vesting of employee and employer contributions
- Health Savings Accounts with company contributions
- Immediate eligibility for generous paid time off package including all federal holidays
What will you do?
- Establish and maintain accurate financial record closing each month, targeting a five-day close process
- Communicate financial reporting results and analysis with executive management
- Work closely with the leadership team to achieve financial performance goals
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the company's value
- Reconcile bank accounts and prepare related journal entries
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships
- Calculate monthly tax payments
- Provide leadership to the financial organization and the entire staff, ensuring that the function is properly organized, staffed, developed, motivated and compensated
- Ensure A/R and A/P are processed accurately and timely
- Lead year-end audit initiative and other accounting projects
- Constantly seek out learning opportunities
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 5+ years of professional accounting experience, CPA or CMA preferred
- Computer system proficiency with advanced Excel skills
- Strong desire to lead a highly functioning team
- Superior organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy, initiative, and adaptability
- Discretion and the ability to keep information confidential
Who are We?
Payentry offers human capital management services to employers across the US. Payentry is a cloud-based SaaS platform, providing employer solutions that increase cash flow and efficiency, reduce risk, and give a competitive edge in managing and retaining high-quality employees. Our mission is “Helping people get the most out of their workday” and providing the best systems and service for growing our clients' businesses. If you're ready to join us in that mission and advance your career, apply today to join the team!