Sales Support Associate
Delkin Devices Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Sales Support Associate to join our team in Poway, CA.
About the role:
We are searching for a Sales Support Associate who will be primarily responsible for acting as a liaison between outside sales representatives, customers, and internal departments to ensure timely, sales order processing. Under general supervision the person in this role is responsible for performing a wide variety of specialized and complex administrative tasks in support of internal sales and customer success including, but not limited to keeping in contact with prospective clients throughout the sales process, follow-up calls to prospective clients to provide additional product information, overseeing successful order process, order research, gathering customer feedback and maintenance of the CRM, and managing customer escalations.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Industrial Sales Representatives, Purchasing, Planning/Scheduling, Product Development, Shipping, Accounting, Quality and other departments to support the Industrial Sales process, start to finish.
- Receive customer orders and gather financial information via phone, fax and email and enter sales orders into ERP system accordingly
- Post-sales customer account management of assigned territory
- Prepares price quotes, terms of sales, delivery dates and service obligations to customers
- Work with Operations via ERP System and reports to determine order status and communicate with customers
- Maintains accurate and current records within Salesforce of assigned client interactions, including details of complaints, comments as well as actions taken
- Serves as a primary point of contact for escalation of customer issues
- Maintains frequent and regular communication via phone and email with assigned accounts, developing lasting business relationships
- Establish customer shipment criteria with individual accounts, monitor orders for adherence to internal/external criteria and manage releases for shipment with operations and accounting
- Strategically work with the ERP and CRM systems to deliver forecasts and closed sales metrics monthly
- First point of contact to respond to customers’ needs or inquiries
- Generate forms for credits, return material authorizations, etc. and facilitate complex failure analysis progress to completion
- Analyze and update weekly backlog report to assure accuracy with our distributors
- Act as the in-office counterpart for the outside sales representatives
- Maintain product development database as needed via internal intranet
- Support the Receptionist break schedule weekly rotation generally one day per week
- Assists other departments with special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains the reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or AA in business or equivalent directly related experience required
- 3+ years of advanced sales administrative support experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Intermediate computer skills are required in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience working with MAS, Sage or other ERP system is strongly desired
- Experience working with SalesForce or other CRM system is strongly desired
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers or employees of the organization
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job type (Full Time/Part Time): Full Time
Job category: Sales Support, Business Development, Admin
Industry: Manufacturing, Sales
Education: 2 Year Degree
Relocation Expenses: not covered