Unleavened Fresh Kitchen is a refined fast casual restaurant that serves a convenient meal everyone can feel good about; with breakfast, lunch, and dinner- seven days a week. With unexpectedly good customer service and a willingness to delight those with dietary needs, we’ve quickly become a favorite spot for the health conscious or those looking for something they can feel good about eating. Our chefs and kitchen staff make all of our food, on-site, from scratch. Our first location opened in September of 2015. It has quickly evolved into a recognized leader in the Dallas food scene. We are currently in growth mode, and anticipate rapid expansion in the Dallas/Fort Worth market with 3-5 new store openings projected in the next 24 months.
The Sous Chef position reports to the General Manager. This position is responsible for assisting in the operational excellence of his/her specified restaurant. The Sous Chef is responsible for leading the restaurant in the General Managers absence. The Sous Chef continually provides assistance and guidance to the Leadership Team and Hourly Staff by promoting and maintaining all operating standards of Unleavened Fresh Kitchen. The Sous Chef, along with the Leadership Team, helps create a safe and sanitary work environment while continuing to build sales and profitability. The strength of this position must be line-oriented and a strong culinary performer.
We are excited by the possibility of you becoming part of our story.
- Leads by example.
- Is accountable for assisting the General Manager in the operational excellence of his/her designated restaurant.
- Directly responsible for leading the Kitchen Team as direct reports.
- Support the goals of the business and reinforces new initiatives introduced to the Leadership Team and Associates.
- Strives to increase sales and operating profit and sets short/long term plans, in conjunction with the General Manager, to help meet those goals through local marketing and other internal opportunities.
- Knowledgeable in regards to Point-of-Sale functions, capabilities, programing, and training.
- Is able to supervise, assign and delegate task(s) appropriately to Shift Leader and other associates.
- Is responsible for assisting the General Manager in the recruiting, hiring, and training of the right people, following our training specifications, for each job position.
- Is accountable for providing ongoing leadership and operational development for Leadership Team and Hourly Associates.
- Effectively assists the administrative tasks in daily operations.
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods up to ten to twelve hours in length, in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to reach, bend, balance and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs. repeatedly during a shift. At times it might be necessary to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work around various levels of temperature, including warm to very warm temperatures in the kitchen.
- Must be able to safely operate kitchen equipment and use knives appropriately.
- Must work flexible schedule to accommodate business needs.
- A minimum of 2+ years of Sous Chef/Lead Line Cook experience.
- Proficient with email communications
- Can perform basic reading, math and measurement calculations in English.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of associates, management and vendors.
Unleavened Fresh Kitchen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify as part of the hiring process.