Summary: This position’s primary responsibility is to efficiently prepare and price donated goods and neatly display them on the sales floor in an organized fashion. Success is defined by both quality and quantity, ensuring all production goals are met with a wide variety of sellable goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sort, clean and price donated goods according to guidelines, producing a minimum of 1 cart of quality goods per hour.
- Communicate with management about pricing on items of higher value such as antiques and collectibles.
- Display priced goods on the sales floor in a neat and organized fashion.
- Straighten and organize items on the sales floor and assess inventory on a daily basis.
- Markdown and/or remove older items from the sales floor according to guidelines.
- Maintain a neat and clean processing area.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties such as sweeping, cleaning, and dusting.
- Perform other duties assigned by store managers and supervisors.
Core Attributes and Expectations:
- Display a Christ-centered life demonstrated by a willingness to show acceptance and serve others.
- Work efficiently and manage time in order to meet production needs as well as other assigned tasks.
- Show motivation and ability to take initiative in daily tasks and operations.
- Exhibit good work habits in attendance and punctuality.
- Treat customers and co-workers in a kind, respectful, and professional manner.
- Show respect for the integrity of the workplace through honesty and responsibility.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and an openness to new ideas and changes.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Goal Oriented: Work with a sense of urgency, striving for efficiency that consistently meets production goals.
- Organized: Maintain a neat, clean and organized workspace and sales floor that is easy and enjoyable to work and shop in.
- Self-Motivated: Develop skills and abilities to become more proficient and efficient in meeting and exceeding daily production goals. General knowledge of the value of household items is a plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to bend, lift and work on one’s feet for an entire shift; often standing in a stationary position.
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds of donations on a regular basis.
- Manipulate tagging guns in a repetitive manner.
- Reach to the bottom of Gaylord box.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.