Job Summary: Under general supervision, assists the consumer in maintaining their CDPAS program(s). Makes sure the consumer is running their program correctly and following the model program. Resolves any issues that may arise. Acts as a support system to the consumer with their position as supervisor of their programs.
- As a representative of CDR, be committed in all that you do to support, perpetuate, and model the CDR Mission.
- Accurate auditing of CDPAS time sheets.
- Troubleshooting of problems with CDPAS programs and fielding consumer’s calls.
- Screening of consumers to determine if they qualify to become supervisors of their CDPAS programs through telephone calls, home visits, or visits to nursing homes, hospitals, group homes, etc.
- Training of consumers to be supervisors of their program and determining the appropriate training style for each individual consumer.
- Home visits: Three days a week in consumer’s home for screenings, trainings, and on-going trainings and role-playing.
- Essential office work to the position including, but not limited to: Paperwork and contact notes that include summaries of what has been done to provide services to the consumer.
- Supervisory duties including, but not limited to: Hiring (consumers for their program), Training, Disciplining, Scheduling, Directing, terminating, developing, and Measuring performance.
- Daily: Correct auditing of timesheets to ensure there is no fraud in the funding of Medicaid.
- Monthly: Detailed Statistical Report of people moving in and out of program.
- Determines if/when to discipline supervisor, the reason(s) why to discipline, and guidance of the consumer to prevent the problem from arising again.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s preferred in Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, or related field.
- One (1) to three (3) years relevant experience in Human Services, individuals with disabilities helpful.
- Supervisory skills desired and beneficial to the position.
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills. Has to have an eye for details. Must be a “people person” and enjoy working with diverse individuals, each with their own unique needs and wants. In this respect, the individual interested in this position must be non-judgmental and open-minded. An optimistic individual with a positive outlook on life is desired. Computer skills needed to complete the office functions of this position. Individual must be able to correctly identify the appropriate method(s) of training and communication needed for each consumer in order to provide the best support and training for the consumer to be an effective supervisor of their program.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
The Job Duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. The physical requirements for this position are those typically present in normal office environment conditions. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Reliable transportation is necessary as there may be local day business travel required of this position.
The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The Center for Disability Rights, inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All reasonable accommodations will be made.
The Center for Disability Rights works for the full integration, independence, and civil rights of people with disabilities. It is vitally important to the mission of the organization that all employees understand, accept, and practice the values of the organization in the conduct of their work.
Center for Disability Rights is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled