The office coordinator is responsible for the overall operations of the front office, and provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks including; setting and maintaining the standards for stakeholder experience; managing the scheduling for the reception area and phones; in and outgoing mail; flow of correspondence; vendor relations and purchasing; facilities support; and additional clerical duties
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the reception area to ensure consistent, scheduled, and effective coverage of desk support hours, phones, and communication to maintain a professional image internally and externally.
- Ensures positive and consistent stakeholder experiences in person, over the phone, and through other forms of communication. Ensures communications are routed and messages are shared effectively. Updates phone and communications to inform stakeholders of operations.
- Manages and ensures the completion and storage of staff and visitor sign-in sheets.
- Conducts scheduling for persons served, check-ins, and check-outs in the EPIC electronic medical records system.
- Receives, date stamps envelopes, and forwards incoming mail and deliveries. Coordinates the pick-up, delivery, and receipt of all express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).Coordinates the booking and scheduling of shared resources including facilities, meetings rooms, and technology resources such as projectors or other equipment.
- Ensures consistent inventory, tracking, and distribution of purchases of office supplies, furniture, and equipment for the agency in accordance with agency policies and budgetary constraints.
- Manages the janitor to support the maintenance and alteration of facilities and equipment, including layout, arrangement, and housekeeping, and repairs of facilities.
- Maintains strong relationships with vendors.
- Oversees the reservations of shared facility and resources managing calendars and check-in / check-out logs for shared agency resources.
- Schedules and completes larger internal print jobs, and makes determinations and coordinates the ordering of bulk printing from outside vendors.
- Supports staff in the triage of IT system issues and is a liaison with the agency’s IT provider.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative support duties as required and assigned including but not limited to:
- Performing extra duty assignments.
- Directing and assisting with referrals and emergency case management.
- Maintaining business/office equipment.
- Calling for repairs as needed.
☒Communication (written and oral)
☒Cultural Competency (LGBTQ)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has two (2) direct reports, and zero (0) indirect reports. The positions that report to this person are:
- Front Desk Peer Leader
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The noise level in the work environment and job sites may be loud.
This position requires local travel to complete errands and duties as assigned. In-state and national travel may be required up to 5% of the time. The employee must have a valid driver license approved for airline travel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of administrative experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, and Google Suite Software.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in a fast paced office environment.
- LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning) cultural and diversity competency.
- Familiarity with the Ruth Ellis Center’s principals of work (trauma-informed care, harm reduction, restorative justice, and positive youth development).
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATION:
None required for this position.
WORK AUTHORIZATION / SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check as outlined by agency policy.
- Have no record on the Central Registry for child abuse or neglect in the employee’s state of residency or employment.
- Be able to produce a non-reactive tuberculosis test from within the previous twelve (12) months.
The Ruth Ellis Center is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. The agency does not discriminate based race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, age, disability as protected by federal, state, and local laws, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by law.
RUTH ELLIS CENTER INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled