Biohabitats is seeking a qualified Project Engineering Technician to join our growing team of environmental engineers, water resource engineers, ecological engineers, restoration ecologists, scientists, and landscape architects to work collaboratively on cutting-edge water reuse, natural wastewater treatment, and ecological restoration projects. The ideal candidate is self-directed, highly organized, is flexible and can work on a variety of project tasks, has strong written and verbal communication skills, possesses mechanical aptitude, and is passionate about water.
We provide outstanding benefits. Click on ‘Learn about our benefits’ on our Careers page to find out more.
- Assist with technical design and development of construction documents for integrated water strategies projects that are chiefly focused around onsite wastewater treatment and reuse
- Specify equipment and materials
- Develop detailed project specifications
- Coordinate with CAD technicians to develop drawings
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Perform routine engineering calculations
- Perform construction administration and field observation
- Perform Operation and Maintenance fieldwork
- Experience with engineering technical services and/or construction services in the fields of mechanical/electrical/plumbing, including a 1-year minimum of meaningful construction site/construction management experience
- Experience in sizing and specifying pumps, meters, piping systems, instrumentation, controls, etc.
- Experience with completing design and construction documents, including plans and specifications
- Word processing and spreadsheets with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Technical writing experience
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Capable of frequent, short-term national travel
- Process engineering and detailed design of integrated systems
- Site civil work (grading and drainage, infrastructure, sewer, water, stormwater, etc.)
- Technical drafting
- Computer-aided design with Civil3D and AutoCAD or similar platforms
- Construction administration and construction observation activities
- Cost estimating
- Controls and automation design
Education: Post-secondary degree in engineering or related fields
Years of experience: 2+
Professional Registration: Not required
Biohabitats is a purpose-driven, performance oriented, and values led organization. We are a certified B-Corp™ and Just© Organization, meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. To ensure that you will thrive at Biohabitats, we highly encourage you to review our Mission, Values, and Approach before applying.