Summary / Purpose of Position: The Lifeguard must have the ability to supervise swimmers and provide constant surveillance of pool activities in order to ensure swimmer safety and to respond to emergency rescue when needed. Lifeguard must maintain a safe environment in the pool area for children and staff. Lifeguard must be able to perform life saving techniques (C.P.R. and first aid procedures) in emergency situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains constant surveillance of children and staff in the pool; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of those in the pool in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no personnel supervisory duties for this position.
Schedule: Schedule is Monday through Friday afternoons, 4-5 hours per day.
- Education: High school diploma preferred by not required.
- At least 1 year proven lifeguarding experience in a community-based pool.
- Lifeguarding with play structures a plus.
- Knowledgeable of all pool safety guidelines
- Specialized training required: Have CPR/First Aid Certification. Lifeguard Training and Certification must be current. Must have a clean background check.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as stipulated by the department
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.