Purpose of the Job
As a member of the development team of the Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill, NC the Events Manager will support the development and execution of philanthropic strategies. In general, this role will help develop and drive the execution of strategies focused on ensuring the success of fundraising events. This role will participate in activities focused on corporate engagement and corporate sponsorships, as well as new donor cultivation. This role is vital to the maintenance of an existing, successful events program and creation of new events as part of philanthropic strategies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Continual commitment and focus in all daily activities to the Mission Statement of the Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill, NC.
- Execute tactical activities, as assigned, that support the success of event and development strategies.
- Manage and execute the fundraising event process including, but not limited to, event planning, event logistics, event details, event print collateral, marketing coordination with internal and external entities, theme adherence, branding adherence, corporate sponsor and attendee satisfaction, invitation lists, event auctions, and event committee coordination.
- Coordinate the review of corporate partnerships with the Director of Philanthropy and Annual Giving, with an intentional focus on cultivating new corporate relationships.
- Engage in the community as a liaison, on behalf of the House, to support the success of the events program and overall development strategies.
- Ensure the Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill, NC brand is well-recognized at events.
- Ensure the satisfaction of event sponsors in print, media, and other recognition materials as their sponsorship requires.
- Create, manage and monitor the budget for individual events.
- Managing multiple, simultaneous projects with hard deadlines and ensuring appropriate communication with teammates.
- Meet regularly with internal fundraising partners such as the Director of Philanthropy and Annual Giving, Marketing and Media Manager, Director of Volunteers and Community Outreach, Analytics and Database Manager, Senior Director of Programs and Operations to promote collaboration and teamwork.
- Support an environment of innovation around development strategies. Deliberately work with fundraising teammates to coordinate on activities, community outreach, ideation and deployment of development tactics.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional development activities.
- Maintain a personal portfolio of donors and prospects.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Commitment to working as part of a team to achieve group goals.
- Actively participates in collaborative efforts while demonstrating respect for colleagues.
- Assists with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Evenings, weekend and out of state travel as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities General Competencies
- Ability to accomplish day-to-day tasks and long-term goals required.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with strong written and oral skills in an easily understood and tactful manner to multiple audiences.
- Ability to build relationships to support long-term goals and strategic initiatives.
- Ability to work with people from all backgrounds and with varying skill sets.
- Creativity and innovation to solve problems and overcome challenges.
- Knowledge of evidence-based approaches and strategies in key work areas.
- Skilled at working with a team and able to inspire quality work.
- Must be resourceful and well-organized.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment required.
- Must be flexible and able to shift resources and priorities in this dynamic environment.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to work in a general office environment.
- Must be able to use hand/fingers to use computer equipment, files, phones, etc to discharge duties
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize work and communicate priorities to teammates and leadership.
- Ability to delegate effectively.
- Welcomes, recognizes, and appreciates others’ suggestions, points of view and contributions while working to create a work environment that is inclusive and collaborative.
- Commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice in driving team and organizational results.
Education and Professional Experience
Strong computer and design skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
A minimum of 3 years managing events
A strong understanding of best practices in events management, corporate partnership development, and community liaison activities
Demonstrated experience in building strong relationships
Exceptional oral and written communication skills