The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will be responsible for managing the day-to-day shipping and receiving related tasks and functions for Fortress Building Products – Garland, TX location.
Core Value & Culture Fit:
Work Hard, Play Hard – We seek passionate people. We take our work seriously and we take the enjoyment of our lives seriously.
Positive, Can DO Attitude – We are optimistic, we set challenging goals and we find a way to accomplish them. We approach challenges with the intention of finding solutions.
Compete & Win As A TEAM – We put TEAM first. Our team is what makes our company great. We are a competitive group that likes to win. We keep score.
Innovate & Seek Continuous Improvement – We believe it can always be better. We want better products and processes. We want to be better individuals. We want to be a better organization.
We Are Respectful – We respect fellow team members, our partners, ourselves, and our company. We are known to be “the good guys”.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce bill of ladings, packing slips, manifests, and all other outbound freight documents
- Coordinate outbound daily picking schedule to ensure daily shipping commitments are met
- Coordinate pool truckload shipments to common destinations
- Supply transit time estimates, tracking information, and rate quotes for LTL, TL and parcel shipments
- Schedule pick-ups with TL and LTL carriers and requests quotes
- Collaborate with internal departments to meet all customer requests and offer solutions when necessary
- Prepare commercial invoices and process international shipments
- Prepare documents for kitting process and ensure system transactions are completed for same
- Manage shipping carrier relationships, maintain open communication with delivery personnel and schedule pickups as needed
- Schedule inbound deliveries and communicate order receipts to internal departments
- Communicate inbound discrepancies with requestor and process transactions accordingly
- Initiate investigations for freight, shortage or picking error claims and follow through with necessary actions
- Manage materials on hand with outside shops and coordinate receipts
- Ensure department supplies are on hand and place replenishment orders as necessary
- Collaborate with accounting for transportation invoice discrepancies and resolve with provider
- Maintain a clean work environment and work with Warehouse Manager to ensure that warehouse facility is in compliance of all health and safety regulations specified by the Department of Labor and the State of Texas.
Skills and Experience Required
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2+ years in clerical shipping environment
- Knowledge of distribution center processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Able to perform basic math equations
- Self-motivated, in need of minimal supervision
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Team player, eager to be cross-trained
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership attributes to manage the day-to-day activities and implement long range goals
- Experience with UPS Worldship, FedEx Ship Manager, barcode scanning and warehouse management systems a plus
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, operate a pallet jack and fork truck preferred
Fortress Building Products is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled