Who we are:
Delkin Devices is a privately held company founded in 1986, with Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA and European Offices in Birmingham, England. Consistently recognized as one of San Diego County’s leading manufacturing companies, with sales and distribution channels across the world, the Delkin name is associated with paramount quality, professionalism, and innovation, serving both industrial and consumer markets worldwide.
What we are looking for in you:
Can you work in a fast-paced environment? Are you a high-energy worker, used to juggling multiple tasks at once? Are you used to a manufacturing environment, preferably electronics manufacturing?
About the role:
Under limited supervision, the Quality Engineer will work with the quality team to develop, implement, execute, and improve the Quality Management System to help drive improvements in product quality consistent with the needs of the company's customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivated individual capable of improving quality performance;
- Develop cost effective processes for discarded or rejected products, materials and equipment not meeting specifications;
- Reliability engineering/testing;
- Confer and monitor inspection staff procedures, product specifications and project status;
- Assist with the development and implementation of manufacturing methods for inspection and testing to promote efficient staff and facility utilization;
- Plan and advise of production and development operations which could ensure conformance to specifications and allow for necessary process or assembly adjustments;
- Supplier management/oversight;
- other duties and/or special projects as needed;
Minimum Job Requirements:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Quality Engineering
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Quality Engineering, or similar technical field is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be detail oriented
- Effective problem solving and root cause analysis skills to drive change and cross functionality
- Proficient in quality analysis tools such as Pareto, Ishikawa/fishbone, SPC, or other monitoring or root cause analysis investigative tools
- Ability to read technical drawings/prints with solid technical writing skills
- Ability to write or help write procedures and work instructions
- Six Sigma certification is required
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Experience working in the electronics industry is required.
- Experience in the electronics manufacturing industry highly preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is preferred
- Experience in Supplier Quality Engineering is considered a strong plus