Part-Time Seasonal Operations/Facilities Assistant
Position Reports to: Operations Specialist/Events, Facilities and Operations Managers
Responsible for manual set up and break down and service all rooms, tents, venues in accordance with terms and conditions as requested or required by guests and directed by supervisor.
- Event set-up for all spaces at the ArtsQuest Center, Banana Factory and Visitor’s Center based on diagrams provided the Operations Coordinator.
- Assist in event and festival set-up, operation, and break-down.
- Assist volunteer groups in event and festival set-up, operation, and break-down.
- Break down all rooms when function has concluded and return items to storage areas.
- Removal of garbage and recycling containers from rooms and venues when event has concluded; Empty outside garbage and recycling containers on a regular basis
- Handle guest requests and concerns promptly and with courtesy; Act as a sounding board for guests' concerns; troubleshoot problems that arise; defuse and remain calm under stressful situations
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the facilities; by assisting with housekeeping tasks such as empty internal and external trash cans, recycle bins, clean restrooms, refill supplies, sweep or clean up spills as needed, before, during and after.
- Perform routine walk-through safety and cleanliness inspections of the facility
- Required to have a thorough knowledge of building policies, procedures and event requirements; assist guests with any inquiries regarding entertainment and services
- Answer general questions; assist and provide information to volunteers and staff;
- Handle additional duties as needed by guests or management
In addition, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following:
- Assist in general grounds maintenance and up keep
- General maintenance and organization of buildings and warehouse
- Light maintenance duties such as changing light bulbs and minor repairs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends and sometimes overnight if needed.
- A valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and reliable transportation to move from building to building as needed.
- Must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests; friendly and personable; a team player; must work well with others; Strong interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and empathy.
- Ability to follow and communicate clear guidelines and work at a very quick pace, particularly during events and other functions.
- Ability to multi-task, detail-oriented, and able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Associates or Bachelors Degree in related field preferred.
Physical Abilities Required: This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis.
- Ability to lift and at least 50 lbs. frequently with or without the assistance of others.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to kneel, stoop, bend, lift, push, pull, pinch, grip, reach over head, reach away from body, and repetitive motion; talking, seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling (identifying objects by touch), depth perception and color vision;
- Ability to work in all weather conditions to support festivals & events.
- Ability to multi-task with ease; organized, accurate and cooperative.
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform the job; bi-lingual in Spanish or other language a plus.
Dates/Hours of Operation: Must be available to work between the hours of 6 AM until 12 AM.
- Work available beginning in September 2017.
- Ability to work day, evening, weekend and overnight hours when needed
- Ending in January 2018.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job.
FLSA Status: Seasonal/Hourly
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ArtsQuest is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled